- Born in Toyama city, Toyama Prefecture, Japan
- Works were displayed at the Hiratsuka Museum of Art’s “The Future of Real” exhibition (later toured Ashikaga, Hekinan, and Himeji)
Participated in the Yokohama Triennale 2017 “Islands, Constellations, and Galapagos”
- Participated in the exhibition ‘Ecce homo – A look at modern images of humans’ at the National Museum of Art, Osaka
- ‘Kinoshita Susumu: Heart of Prayer’ exhibition (The Hiratsuka Museum of Art, Tonami Art Museum)
- Took part in the ‘Setouchi International Art Festival 2010: 100-Day Adventures with Art and the Sea’ at Kagawa and other prefectures
- Participated in the ‘Ropponigi Crossing Exhibition: New Aspirations for Japanese Art 2004’ at Mori Art Museum, Tokyo.
- Participated in the ‘Standard Exhibition’ at the Naoshima Contemporary Art Museum in Kagawa Prefecture
- Solo exhibition ‘Kinoshita Susumu: World of the Pencil 1981 – 1997’ at Ikeda 20th Century Museum of Art, Ito City, Shizuoka Prefecture
- Solo exhibition at KEEN Gallery in New York
- His work was exhibited at the ‘Contemporary Realism Exhibition’ held at the Museum of Modern Art, Urawa City, Saitama Prefecture, which was his first internationally invited exhibition.
The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
The National Museum of Art, Osaka